5 comments
1.)Holden tells Sally he loves her even though he doesn't.
2.)I believe Holden is saying her loves her because he wants to kiss her or he just wants to believe he has someone to love.
3.)I feel as if Holden is a lonely fellow.
4.)Holden pushed Sally to the edge by saying she is a pain.
5.)Sally began to cry after this happened.
4 questions
1.)Why is Sally so sensitive?
2.)Why is Sally so fake?
3.)Why are the people Holden meets so fake?
4.)Why does this book consists of fake people?
3 vocabulary words
1.)Swanky - elegant or ostentatious; swank Pg. 149
2.)Bourgeois - dominated or characterized by materialistic pursuits or concerns Pg. 141
3.)Mutinying - revolt or rebellion against constituted authority, esp. by sailors against their officers Pg. 156
2 literary elements
1.)"You dropped them, they bounced liked madmen all over the floor and made a helluva racket." This is a simile because Holden used like to described the bouncing. Pg. 156
2.)"I swear to God I am a madman." This is characterization because Holden keeps calling himself crazy and a madman. Pg. 174
1 summarizing sentence
1.) Holden's world primarily consists of what he wants in life, he doesn't seem to care for others.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment